Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mary Pics





Finally getting some pics of up from the marathon ... been a couple weeks since that little adventure and with all this good weather I am teeming for another. Esp since driving up though Shenandoah last fri - the hiking bug is kicking up big time. These pics will serve as my encouragement for any and all to get off their asses and try a race - I had never run a mary before but the atmosphere and comradery is really awesome. The pre-race expo gets you all pumped and jittery, and the 15 mins prior to the start is pure exhilaration if your into anticipation. And the race has so much going on, be it supporters, aid stations, live music, etc that you almost forget that you are running. really a kick and worth the effort of a little bit of training for sure. I am excited to run the Baltimore this Oct. and probably the P-burg again next May if I am around for it. Since I only missed qualifying for Boston by like 10 minutes that should be a good goal - and I can't even imagine the atmosphere around that bad bay. Plus to be running the same race as one Kara Goucher would be well ... I am gonna leave it at that.

No comments: