Tuesday, April 14, 2009


got a chance to return to my artistic roots over the weekend with the integral Easter tradition of egg dying. oh the joys, the pains, the multi-colored fingers. I could have spent hours upon hours alone at the table, perfecting every color of dye and creating a dozen perfect eggs. alas there is not enough time in a sat night. ocd? maybe a little. none the less it was fun to be a little kid again, and I clearly triumphed in the easter egg hunt that followed the egg dying (collecting 3 out of the 12 eggs) but failed to previal in the spoon egg race (due to an assortment of runners with longer strides than myself I am sure).

Now its a rainy tuesday (april rains and rains and then rains in dc) and I am patientally waiting for may, for sunshine, and for the marathon which I am both eagerly awaiting and quietly dreading. trying not to wish the days away as they seem to go too slow and then too fast as it is. the passing of time is the only true constant ...

No comments: