Friday, April 3, 2009

rain rain rain ...

it would have been a perfect day to stay in bed with the window open and let the soft patter of drops splashing and sloshing about cohort me into and out of sleep in a relaxing repetitive manner. Or a great day to have a layover on a backpacking trip, staying curled up in your sleeping bag all morning while sipping coffee and looking out the unzipped tent door as the world comes alive in the spring time rain. So I will just sit here at my desk, being blinded by the harsh florescent light, and close my eyes to pretend I can feel the wet grass underfoot and hear the raindrops turning the mellow gurgle of a creek into a dull roar.

I would have even settled for a day at home, catching up on some reading and writing, maybe a few phone calls in between snoozes on the couch and cups of tea. dreams be dreams until we make them reality I suppose ...

Good run yesterday in the mist ... looks like its gonna be 3/4 tights for the mary though as they seem to have some sort of effect on the knee (prob psychological) but if it means I can go relatively pain free, im all for it. sore today though - a little muscle sore but more IT band sore. well have to see how soccer goes this weekend.

Hopefully one good day next week weather-wise will result in some road time - the bike is getting itchy sitting in the back of my car. kind of like i am getting itchy sitting at my desk.

No comments: