Friday, March 20, 2009

What up what up ...

Maybe I will make this a Friday afternoon tradition ... right about the time when my brain starts to sieze up and I lose all desire to do any more work ... so now. Well at least spring is right around the corner, at least technically starting today. It is kinda sunny and warmish. Now that there is no snow and the hope of any more knee deep pow pow turns has faded I am eager for more daylight, more sunshine, and weather more condusive to being outside.
At least it looks like a busy rest of today, filled with non-work related things. Trying to slip out for a run about 4 and hoping this IT band syndrome is only that and my p.o.s. knee remains somewhat pain-free. Then a little worky worky happy hour to get some drinks in, and a dinner date after that. And it is Friday which means I can sleep until at least 9 tomorrow ... can't wait.

Listening to Bruce Springsteen's My Hometown on repeat at the moment randomly. Managed to pass up buying useless clothing for next to nothing since the office bldg next door had their parking lot sale today.

I have decided I need to be more zen. Not really sure how to accomplish this though. Gotta find a way to not get so stressed over stuff like work, all the overlapping projects and bureaucratic b.s. Maybe I need to do more yoga or like meditate or something. Calm myself the fuh down. Might also help if I did not drink 3 cups of coffee in the am, although I have done a decent job of keeping it to one most days (today is clearly NOT one of those days). Alas I digress but isn't that what this silly thing is for anyway?
Well unfortunately my little slip into the freedom zone has ended and I have to get back to work if I am gonna squeeze a run in. 6 more weeks until that life lister can be ticked off. Lidar designing beckons ...

Until next time...

No comments: